Call for Abstracts
Call for Abstracts
The WADEM Congress 2023 invites abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations. The Congress theme is “Complexity and Continuity: Caring, Coping, and Overcoming in an Increasingly Challenging World.” Submissions are encouraged across a wide range of themes of relevance to emergency medicine, prehospital care, and the health aspects of disaster management and humanitarian aid.
Abstract submissions can be made by clicking the button below. All abstracts must be submitted by 12:00 CST (midnight) on Monday, 7 November 2022. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by 21 December 2022, including the accepted presentation type. Presenters of accepted abstracts must be registered and paid by the Early Registration Deadline on 13 February 2023.
All inquiries regarding abstracts for the WADEM Congress should be sent to – email@example.com.
Submit Your Abstract
Abstract Submission Categories
Authors will need to select one of the following 33 categories for their abstract submission depending on which is the most applicable.
- Aeromedical Retrieval & Evacuation
- Austere Medical & Surgical Practice
- Austere Supply Chain & Contingency Logistics
- Civilian-Military Collaboration
- Conflict Medicine & Hybrid Warfare
- Counter-Terrorism Medicine
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Education, Training, & Simulation
- Forensics & Laboratory Sciences
- Health Systems & Hospital Overcrowding
- Infectious Diseases
- Humanitarian Care & Displaced Populations
- Mass Gathering Medicine
- Medical Assistance Teams/Emergency Medical Teams
- Natural Hazards & Disaster Risk Reduction
- New Technologies
- One Health, Veterinary Medicine, & Animal Welfare
- “Outside the Box” – (Miscellaneous Category)
- Palliative Care & Disasters
- Prehospital Care & Transport
- Primary Health & Disasters
- Psychosocial & Mental Health
- Public Health & Environmental Health
- Special Needs & Vulnerable Populations
- Travel Medicine
- Wilderness & Remote Medicine
Abstracts may be submitted for one of the following presentation types:
A spoken presentation, including introduction and question and answer time (ex. 1-minute introduction, 8-minute presentation, and 3 minutes for Q & A). Presenters display the research and/or findings of their accepted abstract in a slide presentation.
There will be an allotted time for poster presentations with the opportunity for audience participation and questions. Additionally, presenters will be able to upload their posters to an online poster gallery.
While every effort will be made to accept an abstract for the presentation type selected in the submission process, the Committee reserves the right to change the presentation type.
Submit Your Abstract
Abstract Submission Details
- Abstracts are to be submitted in English.
- A maximum of two (2) abstracts can be submitted per presenting author. Please note there is no limit for abstracts submitted as a co-author, only as PRESENTING author.
- Presenting author should be the first named author on the abstract.
- Email correspondence regarding the abstract will be with the presenting author.
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words (excluding the title, authors, and affiliations)
- Commercial presentations are not permitted.
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract.
- The abstract should be organized under the following sections:
- Abstracts should not contain any tables or figures.
- The use of abbreviations and acronyms should be kept to a minimum.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 12:00 CST (midnight) on Monday, 7 November 2022 for consideration by the Committee. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by 21 December 2022, including the accepted presentation type.
- For an abstract to be formally accepted, included in the program, and the published in the abstracts supplement, the presenting author must be registered and paid to attend the Congress by 13 February 2023.