October Issue of PDM now Online
The October issue (Volume 32, Issue 5) of Prehospital and Disaster Medicine (PDM) is now available through Cambridge Core. Please log into the WADEM website and click on the PDM graphic or link to be directed to PDM’s webpage on Cambridge Core. Click on the “Latest Issue” tab to view 32:5.
WADEM members have unlimited access to every issue of PDM through Cambridge Core.
Below is a list of articles appearing in the October issue and links to the abstracts.
Please check back often for the most recent content in disaster and emergency health!
- Categorization and Analysis of Disaster Health Publications: An Inventory - Marvin L. Birnbaum, Sowmya Adibhatla, Olivia Dudek, and Jessica Ramsel-Miller
- Are Dutch Hospitals Prepared for Chemical, Biological, or Radionuclear Incidents? A Survey Study - Luc J.M. Mortelmans, Menno I. Gaakeer, Greet Dieltiens, Kurt Anseeuw, and Marc B. Sabbe
- Basic Disaster Life Support (BDLS) Training Improves First Responder Confidence to Face Mass-Casualty Incidents in Thailand - Deborah A. Kuhls, Paul J. Chestovich, Phillip Coule, Dale M. Carrison, Charleston M. Chua, Nopadol Wora-Urai, and Tavatchai Kanchanarin
- Disaster Metrics: A Comprehensive Framework for Disaster Evaluation Typologies - Diana F. Wong, Caroline Spencer, Lee Boyd, Frederick M. Burkle, and Frank Archer
- Survey of Preventable Disaster Deaths at Medical Institutions in Areas Affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake: Retrospective Survey of Medical Institutions in Miyagi Prefecture - Satoshi Yamanouchi, Hiroyuki Sasaki, Hisayoshi Kondo, Tomohiko Mase, Yasuhiro Otomo,Yuichi Koido, and Shigeki Kushimoto
- When is a Cardiac Arrest Non-Cardiac? - Ryan M. Carter and David C. Cone
- On-Scene and Final Assessments and Their Interrelationship Among Patients Who Use the EMS on Multiple Occasions - Julia Tärnqvist, Erik Dahlén, Gabriella Norberg, Carl Magnusson, Johan Herlitz, Anneli Strömsöe, Christer Axelsson, and Magnus Andersson Hagiwara
- Utilization Criteria for Prehospital Ultrasound in a Canadian Critical Care Helicopter Emergency Medical Service: Determining Who Might Benefit - Domhnall O’Dochartaigh, Matthew Douma, Chris Alexiu, Shell Ryan, and Mark MacKenzie
- Clinical Information Transfer between EMS Staff and Emergency Medicine Assistants during Handover of Trauma Patients - Seyedeh Almas Fahim Yegane, Ali Shahrami, Hamid Reza Hatamabadi, and Seyed-Mostafa Hosseini-Zijoud
- Fatalities from Firearm-Related Injuries in Selected Governorates of Iraq, 2010-2013 - Maximilian P. Nerlander, Eva Leidman, Ahmed Hassan, Abdul-Salam Saleh Sultan, Syed Jaffar Hussain, Lauren B. Browne, and Oleg O. Bilukha
- An Assessment of Climate Change Impacts on Los Angeles (California USA) Hospitals, Wildfires Highest Priority - Sabrina A. Adelaine, Mizuki Sato), Yufang Jin, and Hilary Godwin
- Mass-Gathering Medical Care in Electronic Dance Music Festivals - Kathleen M. FitzGibbon, Jose V. Nable, Benjamin Ayd, Benjamin J. Lawner, Angela C. Comer, Richard Lichenstein, Matthew J. Levy, Kevin G. Seaman, and Ian Bussey